Proxy Manufacturing, Inc. maintains a control process through strict documentation and procedures that ensures the quality of every product through every step of the process.
Our formalized quality process is applied to all our services no matter the quantity, including BGA rework/re-balling, engineering change orders (ECO), PCB prototyping, upgrade services and repair and full production orders.
Our quality system consists of three distinct processes applicable to different segments of our operations. This quality process is effective in that redundancies in quality assurance will ensure defect-free products. All processes are fully documented, standardized, and frequently reviewed for conformance, effectiveness, and improvement opportunities.
- Incoming Quality Control (IQC)
It is the job of the IQC process to control suppliers, verify incoming materials including customer supplied materials, and handle quality problems before assembly starts.
Specific tasks of IQC include:
- Perform sampling and inspection of incoming materials;
- Notify customer of shortages to their consigned kit;
- Monitor Quality Control of inspected properties and alert engineering staff of specific deviations;
- Continually enhance the IQC process.
- In-Process Quality Control (IPQC)
Our IPQC process controls the assembly and testing process, to both decrease the occurrence of defects, and to document how occurred defects should be handled.
Specific tasks of IPQC include:
- Perform inspections on assembled and in-process materials according to IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001/S standards;
- Conduct automated (AOI and 3D Solder Paste Insp.) and manual inspections in the PCB assembly process;
- Apply first-article inspection after process setup;
- Ensure the conformance of process setup;
- Utilize statistical control techniques and watch for significant deviations;
- Perform in-process audits to ensure processes are up to standard, and to identify factors needing improvement.
- Outgoing Quality Assurance (OQA)
OQA is the last process before products ship to customers, therefore it is very important to ensure our shipment is defect-free. Numerous redundancies with IQC and IPQC is performed here to ensure the validity of previous processes.
Specific tasks of OQA include:
- Perform visual inspection;
- Apply 100% inspection or sampling-based on the IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001/S standards;
- Verify first-article inspection;
- Conduct reliability testing;
- Submit failure analysis reports and alert engineering staff.
How do we prevent ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) damage?
- ESD awareness and certification training is conducted for all personnel who are working in, or have access to an ESD sensitive area.
- We audit and certify ESD-protected areas on a regular basis.
- Work instructions, drawings, and other documentation for ESD cautions, markings, and precautionary procedures are maintained.
- Ensure that access to protected areas is limited to persons who have completed ESD training.